ANREALAGE: PIXELATED INSPIRATION
By Charlotte Jacovou
Continuing with the emerging lifestyle trend “pixelated” we are seeing a growing exploration of how digital imagery is created as we found beauty in that which is becoming a distant memory in this high definition modern age, the 8-bit.
Here is Anrealage’s fall 2011/2012 collection by Japanese designer Kunihiko Morinaga. Using the pixel as inspiration he showcased a collection of women’s fashion which featured 8-bit inspired styles when the line debuted during Japan Fashion Week.
The collection presented an array of styles, from dresses and professional suits to athletic wear, denim and sweatshirts styles. Each boasted colorful square block patterns, stitching, and decorative elements on a diverse range of fabrics. To complete the collection accessories, which included jewellery, tights and even pumps. I love the 8-bit block heel!
During the fashion show, models also donned coloured translucent eye-wear and accessories composed of individual squares and cubes, while a pianist echoed the theme with live music reminiscent of early video games.
Watch the show for yourself!
- chemistrynschist likes this
- redseaa reblogged this from playniceplayniceplaynice
- redseaa likes this
- talateott likes this
- playniceplayniceplaynice reblogged this from thetrendreporter and added:
- eta--carinae reblogged this from thetrendreporter
- thebestfemale reblogged this from cuteexecute
- thebestfemale likes this
- plaza-acuatica likes this
- cuteexecute reblogged this from misspublic
- puerilefancies likes this
- cordero-b reblogged this from misspublic
- cordero-b likes this
- misspublic reblogged this from thetrendreporter
- re-de reblogged this from thetrendreporter
- thetrendreporter posted this